Hey guys it’s me, Rachel Ray!
Just kidding, but I might be giving Rachel Ray a run for her money with this post (again kidding, please don’t come for me hahaha).
So during this quarantine, I created these two recipes. They are not difficult to create and not difficult to make, just how I like it. Without further ado, let us get into my culinary genius:
½ cup oats
⅓ cup almond butter
6 chopped up dates
2 tablespoons of cocoa nibs
1 teaspoon of maca powder
Half scoop of collagen powder
2-4 tablespoons of honey (depends how much you like the flavor of honey)
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients
- I used my hands to mash it all together and it got pretty messy, so I recommend using a plastic spatula to mix the ingredients at first and then go in with your hands to make sure everything is mixed and all the dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- Form the batter into tablespoon-sized balls
- For this, I took a tablespoon and a regular metal spoon and scooped up batter in the tablespoon and packed it in with the metal spoon. This way, they became little, bite-sized half circles and are easy to slip out of the tablespoon and into a container.
- Gather all the protein balls in a container and stick them in the fridge
- I put my protein balls in a glass container and lined it with parchment paper. I put parchment paper on the bottom of the container and in between the layers of protein balls to make sure they didn’t stick to the container or to each other.
2 scoops of peanut butter
One scoop of collagen powder
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
⅓ cup dairy free vanilla yogurt
Cup of ice
Cup of almond milk
Shit ton of cinnamon
¼ scoop of greens powder
Lots of honey
½ FROZEN banana
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend together
- Try and put the more sticky ingredients closer to the middle of the blender. This way, they won’t stick to the sides of the blender and miss out on being completely blended into the smoothie.
- Helpful tip: Top with some cocoa nibs and coconut flakes for a cute garnish!
And there you have it! Some easy and yummy recipes to try out in quarantine. Have fun cheffing it up my friends, and never forget the wise words of Chef Gusteau: “Anyone can cook!”.