I hope you all are having an absolutely fabulous day! What I am about to share with you is the snack of all snacks (to me). It has changed my life for the better, and made me a better person because of it. So, I figured I would bless the internet with my concoction.
*I actually saw a girl on Instagram do this with cream cheese, walnuts, and honey, so this isn’t exactly my own organic idea but I tinkered with it a bit.
*I also am allergic to dairy so this recipe is dairy free, and I do not know how it would taste with real feta cheese so fair warning if you try it with real dairy and it doesn’t taste good.
- Wheat thins
- or any plain cracker, but wheat thins really do have something special about them, don’t sleep on these bad boys
- Violife Vegan Feta Cheese
- Quick side note: IF YOU TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THIS POST, it should be that this cheese, this Violife Vegan Feta Cheese, is absolutely everything of the sort. This brand makes THE best vegan cheese. They play NO games. This feta cheese means… the world to me. If I had to choose between this cheese and my first born child… see ya LATER timmy, I am choosing the cheese baby. No but seriously, if you are lac toes and toddler ants (dairy free) like me, give this baby a go as well as their mozzarella cheese. It is *chef’s kiss*. My roommate last year wasn’t dairy free and bought Violife cheese all the time instead of regular cheese just because she loves how it tastes so much.
- Alright so first you’re going to want to gather all your ingredients, a small bowl, and a spoon. Put about two tablespoons of the feta cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds. (This is only to get the cheese softer after being in the fridge, but you can skip this step if you want).
- Then you are going to put roughly a teaspoon of honey in the bowl.
- Next, put just a dash of cinnamon in, or however much you like sweet thang.
- After the cinnamon, take those walnuts you’ve got there and start chopping. Once the walnuts are chopped, pour those sweet babies into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir the mixture together.
- Take out your wheat thins and prepare for the main event.
- You are going to scoop little bits of the mixture onto the wheat thins. Now here you can get very creative. You can scoop as much as you want, as little as you want, or none at all and eat the mixture out of the bowl with the spoon.
And that is that! How to make a wonderful (maybe a little bit nutritious?) snack! If you are wondering what I will be doing this week, here’s the tea: I will be eating copious amounts of this snack. Freshman 15 has nothing on quarantine 15, am I right?